Full Time – Folcroft, PA, US
Radiant is currently looking for an operations leader to fill an exciting role at our Folcroft, PA Station as Station Manager. This individual will be responsible for driving our business development efforts, sales management, ensuring profitable growth, and the successful implementation of the company's new Transportation Management Platform (SAP TM).
The Station Manager is responsible for the safe, compliant, and profitable operations of the Station.This leadership role directs, plans, and coordinates all operational and administrative activities of the PHL Station. This includes but is not limited to managing for continuous improvement, quality service, and exceeding customer expectations.
This operations leader is responsible for the entire PHL operation, including operational conformance and compliance along with driving our business development efforts, sales management, ensuring profitable growth, and the successful implementation of the company's new Transportation Management Platform (SAP TM). Setting goals that are aligned with company processes and policies and their successful execution is the key responsibility of the Station Manager.
Budgeting, P&L, metrics, and personnel development are tools used to measure success in this position. The Station Manager reports directly to the Senior Vice President and General Manager, Forwarding.
- Establishes operations standards for ROI, cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery.
- Establishes operational policies, materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, productivity, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations and performance measures.
- Builds, develops and manages a sales team capable of achieving growth and hitting sales targets of Radiant’s product and service offerings.
- Designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base.
- Builds, develops and manages an operations leadership team capable of executing the Radiant Global Logistics freight forwarding requirements as well as enhancing employee relations and company morale.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution that will facilitate continuous improvements, RGL’s service product and improved working relationships.
- Establish credibility throughout all levels of the organization as an effective leader and developer of creative solutions to business challenges.
- Develops Annual Operations Business Plan that is cohesive with sales, marketing, administration and finance plans. Radiant Global Business Plans include personal and professional growth of our people.
- Oversees the operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements. Insures the continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Directs the implementation and execution of operational policies and practices throughout the organization to ensure safety, compliance, and profitable growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player and a gifted leader. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information. The Station Manager serves as a mentor to raise the skill level of his/her people. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well-versed in operating systems – implementation & training. This Station Manager must possess a proven ability to lead and effect change in people, departments and at the PHL Station.
Demonstrates technical knowledge and capability in developing/implementing processes, systems, and programs utilizing high performance work principles.
This person must possess solid verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively within different levels of the organization. Must have the ability to lead and motivate people.
- Physical Requirements:
The individual in this position must have the ability to communicate effectively with all company departments and participate in employment growth activities. This individual will communicate the daily and long-term needs of the company employees, requiring conversations, appointments and follow- up. The position may also require extended workdays, involving a variety of work-related activities. The position may also require extended periods of talking, sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, driving or other forms of travel. Periods of intense concentration are required. Individual must have the requisite stamina for these activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong analysis, organizational and decision-making skills.
Radiant Global Logistics is a comprehensive North American provider of third party logistics and multimodal transportation services. As a non-asset provider, with minimal investment in equipment, the company delivers advanced supply chain solutions through a network of company-owned and strategic operating partner locations across North America under the Radiant®, Wheels™, On-Time™, Airgroup®, Adcom®, DBA™, Service By Air™, and Highways and Skyways™ network brands.
Our network now extends to over 100 locations across North America. Through its comprehensive service offering, the company provides domestic and international freight forwarding services, truck and rail brokerage services and other value-added supply chain management services, including customs brokerage, order fulfillment, inventory management and warehousing to a diversified account base including manufacturers, distributors and retailers using a network of independent carriers and international agents positioned strategically around the world.
Radiant Global Logistics offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees.
Radiant Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.