Distribution by Air is looking for a talented and dynamic individual who has a passion and a proven track record for international freight forwarding and logistics. The position of Air/Ocean Freight Operations Specialist will be based in the Kansas City Area and will serve as the key point of contact between our company and our customers.
We at DBA are a team of motivated individuals who value self-starters that are detail-oriented, confident and driven. If you value the opportunity for growth and autonomy in the field, reach out to us today!
- Quoting and booking shipments
- Processing import and export documentation as required for international shipments and transactions
- Coordinating tracking and documentation packages
- Anticipating the needs of customers in order to develop strong relationships
- Communicating with sales and other key constituents in the shipping pipeline to preempt customer concerns in order to improve business performance
- Organizing shipment and delivery of goods worldwide in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity in the logistics industry with a dynamic, established company. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits.
Summary of Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years hands-on operational experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- IATA DG certification preferred
- Both Ocean and Air export/import experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB preparation, customs, and carrier knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Active Listening skills
- High Energy and Results Driven
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, with a winning manner with local and international clients and colleagues alike
- Proficiency with Office, the Internet, CRM applications and Email
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume, using the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!