Intermodal Service Coordinator
Office Location: Woodridge, IL. During COVID-19, working remote.
- Tuesday to Saturday - 8:00AM to 5:00PM
The primary role of the Intermodal Service Coordinator is to complete the load booking and dispatching processes through all of the interchanges according to customer expectations to ensure their needs are met or exceeded in a timely fashion. The incumbent has intermodal knowledge including industry shipping methods and carrier costs, products and services in order to meet customer needs. Job duties may be added or taken away due to operational / business needs and requirements.
- Meet and exceed customer requirements at every stage of the order fulfillment process.
- Analyze load information from the customer in order to determine and verify the appropriate routes and rates. Enter the information in the system.
- Source equipment based on the most cost-effective routings to satisfy customer requirements, working within the parameters and guidelines related to profitability and rates.
- Coordinate with Pricing and Equipment Capacity to secure equipment options and power.
- Ensure the system contains complete and accurate details of the order. Notify the customer of any potential delays or problems pertaining to the order.
- Resolve any issues with the loads as they arise. Escalate as required.
- Remain in contact with the customer throughout the duration of an order. Communicate both positive and negative occurrences.
- Build carrier relationships. Communicate drayman changes to the Pricing department, ensuring best carrier match to customer requirements.
- Manage the pick up to ensure customer and carrier requirements are met. Obtain paperwork (bill of lading, customs documents) for movement.
- Prepare and transmit rail instructions for movement (EDI or fax), keeping abreast of changing rail requirements.
- Coordinate load status for higher volume customers with Tracing Team.
- Reschedule deliveries and resolve issues if required.
- Trace and monitor shipments to ensure on time performance to customer.
- Communicate tracing information (ETA and appointment) to the customer.
- Manage accessorial and equipment charges as identified. Provide follow up communication to the customer, drayman and Accessorial Administrator accordingly.
- Keep the customer, Operations and Sales teams updated on significant issues or trends.
- Maintain account notes to document specific customer requirements.
- Update and interact with 3rd and 4th party websites, accepting load tenders, inputting status, appointments, and accessorial charges.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Minimum 1-year intermodal experience in the transportation industry.
- Complete understanding of intermodal procedures within North America.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography.
- Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. customs procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of cross border transportation is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Working Knowledge of Transportation Management Software (SAP, AS400)
Business Strategy Skills
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely, internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter to email@example.com with “Intermodal Service Coordinator” in the subject line and indicate what work schedule are you interested in. Radiant Clipper thanks all applicants. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Radiant Clipper is a division of Radiant Logistics, Inc. Radiant is a public company (trading as RLGT on the NYSE) operating as a non-asset based third party logistics provider, and one of the fastest growing logistics networks in America. The Clipper brand has been an established icon of the transportation community since 1938. As we have evolved, our focus on delivering exemplary, class leading service has never wavered. With products ranging from Boxcar to Dry and Refrigerated Intermodal, the Clipper brand has always worked to be innovative and find new solutions to offer our valued customers.