Business Development, Sales Representative
Radiant Clipper is looking for a talented and dynamic individual who has a passion for providing transportation & logistics solutions to our customers. The position of Business Development Representative will actively solicit and obtain new business to assist in achieving the company’s strategic financial growth objectives.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Identify potential market segments and target companies for the full range of Clipper's overall services
- Lead the discovery and assessment of target customers’ logistics and transportation management needs as directed by their corporate strategies
- Lead a cross-functional effort, including associated logistics service partners, in the detailed evaluation of requirements and the design of solution options that deliver clearly defined value to customers
- Acting as a trusted advisor, work closely with the customers’ senior and middle management to deliver ideas and strategies that deliver differentiated value
- Develop and deliver detailed proposals and presentations for services
- Develop a solid working relationship with internal teams who are key to the success of the customer relationship including IT, Operations, Pricing, Accounting and Finance
- Understand and contribute to the development of the Radiant Clipper / Radiant corporate vision and long-term strategic goals; provide input to senior management on the development of these goals such as volume, margin, and revenue growth
- Cross sell other division / station services when possible
- Provide input to the annual budget
- Participate in transportation events and associations as a representative of the Company
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Industry Knowledge
- High school diploma
- Bachelor / Associate degree in Logistics, Business, Marketing or related discipline is an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ proven sales success and experience in Transportation / Logistics
- Comprehensive understanding of the North American transportation industry including highway (domestic and cross border), intermodal and logistics.
- Strong knowledge of IT based end-to-end supply chain solutions management
Business Strategy Skills
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely, internal and external customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Team cooperation and respect is required
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrate an assertive but diplomatic ability to close complex and profitable deals
- Utilize strong business case analysis selling skills to convert opportunities into clients
- Ability to clearly identify the customers’ current and future needs and present transportation solutions to them
- Forward thinker, creative, innovative and entrepreneurial
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to travel across borders as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret documents, spreadsheets, emails and instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively to both internal and external contacts
Following are the key contacts the position deals with on a regular and recurring basis inside and outside the Company:
- Highway and Intermodal Operations and Pricing – Gather and provide necessary information to get / maintain the business. Update on loads and resolve issues.
- Senior Management – Updates on the business, customers and any industry trends.
- Credit and Collections – Obtain credit information on customers; Provide support on collection issues
- Customers – Seek new customers; build relationships; conduct full sales cycle; present opportunities; close new business.
- Full time schedule of minimum 8 hours per day with flexibility to complete all required job duties and responsibilities
- Climate controlled office environment
- Frequent travelling to customers’ place of business
- Job entails regular physical demands: Walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; use fingers for keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Job requires specific vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, ability to adjust focus
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume, using the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!